Monday, February 5, 2007

Is the Roman Catholic Church Mystery Babylon?

Are there any who have wisdom who do not believe that the Roman Catholic church is indeed Mystery Babylon, the whore depicted in Revelation 17?

http://www.chick.com/information/religions/catholicism/sevenhills.asp

The link above is quite interesting. I imagine this is another can of worms, but the similarities are obvious, AMAZING, and seemingly irrefutable. I researched both sides of this assertion, and those who would oppose this notion seem to have precious little to base their arguments on. It is almost as though they have a "powerful delusion" of sorts. I am not--I should point out--saying that members of the Catholic Church are apostate believers, to the contrary, Christ calls them out in Revelation 18:4-5

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.


So Christ acknowledges that He has people in the Roman Catholic Church, so all would not be doomed to destruction if they heeded His call. All food for thought, of course. But folks--if you'll read and understand the links posted--I think you may come to the same conclusion that I have. It is quite possible that a severely fallen Roman Catholic Church will unite with the Antichrist during the tribulation period.

Dan

Dan Newberry

Wytheville, Virginia, United States